Latte Caramel

Raya

Posted by Khairi Hafsham on October 22, 2008| 3 Comments

Raya 2008 (by Khairi Hafsham Khalil)

A bit late into the party, but i guess, it's better late than never :) Just wanna share some raya pics that i took while in Malaysia. There were suppose to be two parts to this post. First chapter for the time i celebrated raya with the family on my father's side in Seremban and Part Deux for the pics i took while celebrating raya with my family on my mother's side in Kedah. But unfortunately, there wasn't much celebration mood in the pics i took during my time in Kedah - probably because, the climax of Aidilfitri is indeed on the first day of it - and the days that follow after that, the celebration mood declines exponentially (i celebrated first day of Aidilfitri in Seremban)

Coming from a multiracial country, it shouldn't be much of a surprise, if i am myself in fact from a multiracial family :) My mom is of Chinese plus Malay descend and my father, he is a Malayalee Muslim, or Indian in General :) That may explain why i may look different from other members of my family, but don't be fooled :) that's just the appearance, optical illusion if you may. I am just as chinese, just as malay and just as Malayalee as any members of my family :)

Now that you guys have been briefly educated about my family, it's time to get to know some of them :) All the shots in this post were taken in Seremban, so you are only seeing my father's side of the big family :)

Raya 2008 (by Khairi Hafsham Khalil)

Raya 2008 (by Khairi Hafsham Khalil)

Raya 2008 (by Khairi Hafsham Khalil)

Raya 2008 (by Khairi Hafsham Khalil)

Raya 2008 (by Khairi Hafsham Khalil)

As any other average Muslim family that i know, we also kicked off the first day of Raya (after completing the Aidilfitri Prayer of course) with the children asking forgiveness from their parents. Being in my parents house, i have to start first, asking my parents to forgive all the sins i have made to them the past year and promise to be a better person in the future (such a good boy i am) - then it was followed by my brother and little sis.

The atmosphere during that short period of time, was intensely emotional - not that i cried or anything, though both of my mom and little sis did shed a few drops of tears - but emotional nonetheless. Through the simple act of being on your knees, holding your parents hands and trying to be as honest as possible when you are asking for their forgiveness - makes you appreciate for having a family. Not everyone have the privilege being embraced in a family, moreover to still being able to hold and kiss their parents hands :) A stone age ritual for some, but a priceless one for me.

Raya 2008 (by Khairi Hafsham Khalil)

Raya 2008 (by Khairi Hafsham Khalil)

Raya 2008 (by Khairi Hafsham Khalil)

After me and my siblings were done, came one of my cousins, who was somehow 'lost' in my house. He, after seeing what my siblings and i did, decided join us, and repeated the same thing, except he was smiling all along :) funny little guy

Raya 2008 (by Khairi Hafsham Khalil)

Raya 2008 (by Khairi Hafsham Khalil)

Raya 2008 (by Khairi Hafsham Khalil)

Raya 2008 (by Khairi Hafsham Khalil)

As soon as we were finished at our home, the all of us immediately drove to my granny's house. There i met the remainder of my family - all the uncles,aunts and long-time-no-see cousins :) not forgetting my grandma too :)

We ate, we talked, served food to all of the invited guess - it was fun, especially the food part. I can't tell you how much i enjoyed the food, it was delicious. The enjoyment i had was being catalyzed even further by the fact that it has been almost a whole year since i last devoured perfectly cooked Indian dishes. Was too busy eating, totally forgot where i left my camera, plus my hand were, well, occupied :) so, no pics of the foods, sorry.

Raya 2008 (by Khairi Hafsham Khalil)

Raya 2008 (by Khairi Hafsham Khalil)

Raya 2008 (by Khairi Hafsham Khalil)

In the picture above, that's Shania, my 7 years old cousin sister, and below here is her 1 years old little sis :)

Raya 2008 (by Khairi Hafsham Khalil)

Raya 2008 (by Khairi Hafsham Khalil)

in the two double pics below, the first is Nurul and below her, is her elder brother, Rahul

Nurul (by Khairi Hafsham Khalil)

Rahul (by Khairi Hafsham Khalil)

In between time that i had a plate full of food in front of me, i will give my stomach a rest and snaps some pics - all the little kids you see in here, they are all my cousins, small little devils :) My father is the eldest son, so, it make sense that his children are the oldest, biggest, strongest and fairest among them all :) That leaves only the 'Cutest' title to be shared among the others, hehe.

Raya 2008 (by Khairi Hafsham Khalil)

Raya 2008 (by Khairi Hafsham Khalil)

Raya 2008 (by Khairi Hafsham Khalil)

above are my bro, my little cousin sister and my father, below are my aunt and her husband :)

Raya 2008 (by Khairi Hafsham Khalil)

Raya 2008 (by Khairi Hafsham Khalil)

Raya 2008 (by Khairi Hafsham Khalil)

And finally, a picture of the whole family :) it is not every year that we get a chance to gather like this, thank God that i had and opportunity to capture it :)

Awesomeness, i guess that would be all. Before i stop and make myself a cup of latte caramel, i just wanna take this opportunity to wish all of the Muslim that i know or reading this entry right now, a belated Happy Hari Raya Aidilfitri :) raya pon de belated skrg :)

3 Comments:

Blogger Farah Love said...

hey k~rie...hope u still remember me...where u?how r u?hope all fine...selamat hari raya...maaf zahir & batin...

October 22, 2008 at 9:43 PM  
Blogger Khairi Hafsham said...

of course i still remember you, how could i forget :) i am fine, still in germany :) thanks for dropping by and thanks for the wishes too :) selamat hari raya aidilfitri and maap zahir + batin :)

October 23, 2008 at 12:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

a house is a mere 4 walls with a roof! i guess your 4 walls is filled the small running little devils with the voice of an angle screaming ur name over and over again!hehehehehe! that is indeed a blessing from heaven!

October 25, 2008 at 8:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home