Latte Caramel

My Mom's Birthday

Posted by Khairi Hafsham on October 15, 2008| 5 Comments

Bday Mak (by Khairi Hafsham Khalil)

Last friday was my mom's birthday, and it has been a family tradition to celebrate one's birthday during midnight the day before. Since it was a rare occasion that we, one whole family get to celebrate birthdays together, my father thought it would be a good idea to make it a little out of the ordinary (for us at least).

So, we went to have supper (midnight remember) at our favourite hotel, it was a buffet - but the food was not very hotel material in my opinion, it is understandable though, because there weren't a lot of crowd at the place. That particular night, we were the only ones there for the buffet, not sure how the hotel could make any profit from the supper buffet. Anyhow, i did enjoy the mutton/beef curry and teh tarik in a tank.

Because there weren't much crowd around, i wasn't too shy to take out my cam and snap some family photos. I have to say, my little sis was the one excited the most to see the camera. So we took turn to camwhore during the time span we were there. The pics turned out to be better than i would expect, despite the whole place being lit only by some breed of tungsten light, really yellow and dim.

Bday Mak (by Khairi Hafsham Khalil)

In the picture above is my mom and brother and below is my mom with my father :)

Bday Mak (by Khairi Hafsham Khalil)

Bday Mak (by Khairi Hafsham Khalil)

Yes, resemblance wise, i am more like my mom and my other two sibling are like my father - owh that reminds me, i haven't introduce my little sis yet, there she is below, cuddling me at my neck while i am checking out the chick at the front desk (kidding)

Bday Mak (by Khairi Hafsham Khalil)

Bday Mak (by Khairi Hafsham Khalil)

Don't be fooled by the serious face put on by my brother, he is anything but serious - always know how to make me laugh. Anyway, after the supper at the hotel, we went back to our home sweet home and had our mom blew up some candles, cut the cake and feed it to all of us :) Due to the occasion being in our house, most of the pics were personal in nature, so i couldn't possibly show all of them to you guys, except the the few below, which managed to pass my super strict censorship :p

Bday Mak (by Khairi Hafsham Khalil)

That's my bro again, fooling around with the cake, before we present it to our mom, told ya he wasn't the serious type :)

Bday Mak (by Khairi Hafsham Khalil)

Bday Mak (by Khairi Hafsham Khalil)

And that's the super delicious cheese cake, official cake of the family - there weren't any typos, we call our mom 'mak rose' :) legend has it that i came up with the name - can't really confirm that. I really wish i could share more of the pics, but i really can't, restricted for family members only :)

These were probably, the best pics i took during my 6 weeks stay in Malaysia. Most probably due to its sentimental value :)

5 Comments:

Blogger Fuad Rahiman said...

muka ko xmcm adik2 ko..misteri

October 15, 2008 at 8:01 PM  
Blogger suksrey said...

cerita confident & confidential. haha gurau je.

October 15, 2008 at 8:16 PM  
Blogger Khairi Hafsham said...

@fuad rahiman:

aku product genetic manipulation

@suksrey:

i hope u didn't mean wut i think u meant - me serious nih :)

October 15, 2008 at 11:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

woh ko bukan kat kl la kan? hahaha baru nak ajak jumpa

October 28, 2008 at 5:19 AM  
Blogger Khairi Hafsham said...

argh ko, ajak2 ayam - time aku kat msia, xde bunyi pon, lelaki bekerjayala katekan :)

October 28, 2008 at 9:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home